Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm Baaaaack

My funk has passed thanks in part to a number of you fabulous people! My food choices are better ones and my exercise quantity and frequency have increased. Carmen, a real go getter, two weeks ago texted me that she had an idea she wanted to run by me. That really piqued my curiosity because this woman rewires lighting fixtures, digs up her yard to put in a pond and a flag stone walkway and just does things I think about but do not act on. Carmen's idea was that if I took a detour on my way home from work, I could stop by her office and we could walk a mile on her afternoon break. Her employer has a healthy employee initiative and there are walking routes identified with the mileage included. So in the last two weeks, 10 work days, we have walked eight times! This is in addition to strength training I have done. I feel so good... (Cue James Brown music.)

I shared this with Wendy this morning and she cut our conversation short so she could get on the treadmill. My exercise total she feared was higher than hers. Sibling rivialry can be a good thing.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Amy!!! So glad to hear from you!! I was hoping all was well!! That is great about the extra bit of exercise!! It all adds up! Don't you feel so empowered when you make good food choices!! I know I do!! And work-outs are much better when you've eaten healthily that day! Keep it up!! Can't wait to hear from Wendy!

    ReplyDelete