Monday, March 1, 2010

Wagon Story- Part 2

I have a cravng. It is compulsive, an instant gratification. My mouth is watering...not really but GOSH DARNIT I want to WEIGH MYSELF!!!!!!!!

So we haven't had a club meeting. Timing doesn't allow it and Mom forgot to bring the scales to the beach house.

I did cheat. The weekend of February 20th, we started Quarter Midget Driver's Training. How convenient, the track has a scale house to weigh cars and drivers. I nonchalantly stepped on the scales when no one was around. I thought it couldn't be right; that the scales are dialed in to weigh accurately at 250+ pounds. As I am under 250, I justify in my mind that they can't be right since I didn't like the number.

Stepped on them twice with the same outcome. Hmmm. Maybe they are correct.

On Sunday I check in on the scales at Mom's. Yes, track scales are correct. F^&%$.

Fast forward to Friday Feb 26th. I texted Mom to remind her to bring the scales. I called Amy to see how she did and she tells me that Mom forgot the scales. What? I texted her and she said she'd pack them. I want to go over to her house and get them but I resist.

The urge is demanding my attention. The pull is stronger with each passing minute.

A hah! But I can weigh myself tomorrow at the track. Woopee, whippee, yippee. I go to bed, comforted by the fact that I can weigh myself on Saturday.

Scale house doors shut, and no one checks the weight of cars and drivers this Saturday. Aaahhh, this too shall pass, get over it Wendy.

The craving subsides until Sunday afternoon. I visit my Dad and see that he and his girlfriend have scales in their laundry room. Hmmm. I can weigh myself! But then I think to myself, for an accurate weight, I should take my shoes off, oh I will have to ask Dad how to work them, oh no, then he'll know the number and tease me incessantly, no don't weigh yourself, oh but wouldn't it be good to know that the number is less than last week at the track, oh but if you did then Dad would see how you check the number 4 or 5 times before you determine that the scale is right....

"Bye Dad, gonna go for a walk."

Living without scales is SO HARD.

3 comments:

  1. Ladies, this is Angie. This is the 3rd comment I've made but for some reason it is not posting them. I commented successfully back in January about my sister & I working together to lose some weight. Check out my blog:
    www.BFITB445.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ladies...this is Angie again...can you let me know if you are receiving my comments. I am not seeing them show up on your blog. I am new to this whole blog thing. It says my comment will appear after verification but I haven't seen any except that first one back in january. I see you added my blog to your list so you must of received at least one now that I think of it! Let me know, thx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies...update your blog!! I wanna know what is going on!! I had a great TriBabe training workshop today and run my fanny off!! My legs are sore & tired already! Going for a bike ride tomorrow! Can't wait to hear what ya'll have been up to!! You don't weigh yourself more than 1/week right??

    ReplyDelete