Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Colon Loves Me

Last week I made a conscious choice to 1) eat foods that I have in the house, 2) reduce cost of food by choosing filling stuff, and 3) get more fiber. The fiber only went on the list after I read the label of my bag of pinto beans.

HOLY LEGUME. Best that I write that and not COW as I broke up with beef.

1/4 cup dried pinto beans provides only 60 calories and 14 grams of dietary fiber. 56% of your daily fiber if consuming 2000 calories.

Felt great, lots of energy, knew I was treating my body good.

Caught a bit of Oprah's show last week. Alicia Silverstone talking about her new book on eating. Flipped channels, came back to it and heard Alicia say something to the effect of your pooh is so much better when you eat veggies and fiber. And Oprah commenting about the "S" shape of pooh with Dr Oz and sometimes she is so impressed with her #2s that she wants to show friends...

I can relate.

1 comment: