Friday, January 22, 2010

Hi I'm Wendy and I'm a Weighaholic

Okay folks. I went 4 days. FOUR WHOLE DAYS without weighing myself. Now this was not achieved through willpower, but rather the fact that Mom took the psychotic scales with her on Sunday.

I miss my buddy. I'd weigh in the morning. At least 3 or 4 times to see what common number came up. Then I'd weigh before I went to bed. As if this would magically help me lose weight.

So after feeling like I'd done well so far, I followed Mom to her house on Thursday night.

"Come on Reyde, we are going to Nana's."
"Can I play there?"
"It'll be a short visit."

Ugghh. ((sigh)

"Mom, I'm up a half a pound."
"Wendy, it's at the end of the day."
"We took our starting weight at 4pm."

So I promptly came home and checked online for a calorie counter. Found a website way too hard. Hello. That's the last thing I need; to sit at the computer for any longer than I do.

Turned my computer off to then go back later that night and look for the consumer report on the best rated home scales. Ohh, found one, Tanita Body Fat/Body Water Monitor BF-680W. Hmm, buy or not buy, that is the question.

The answer? NOT BUYING.
Another answer? Portion control. I measured what I thought was 1/2 cup of soy milk to be actually 1 cup. So the guessitimate of caloric coffee drink intake was 1/2 of what I am really drinking.

Alas, but I must break up with coffee. Coffee can go hang out with beef and commisserate about how crappy a girlfriend I was. http://glovegalgab.blogspot.com/2009/08/breaking-up.html

Did weighing myself help my weight loss this week? No. Did the fact that I am blogging about this help? Yes. Because my actions changed. Normally, I'd have gone and eaten ice cream.

So.....I go to rest and get up in the morning to walk/run with my friend and get my game on. I coasted this week. My sissy la la has not. While this is not a competition, every once in a while Aim and I compete. She confided years ago that she was always trying to stay one step ahead of me, that I'd out do whatever she set her mind too. Mind you, I NEVER KNEW THIS, I was all consumed with pining about how I didn't have her group of friends.

I love you Amy. Game on SISTA! And game on to any other of my SISTA'S from otha Mistas and Mommas.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are not buying the scales, same brand as my "psycotic" scales. Your SISTA sent materials home with me, count points not calories. Love you both, your MOMMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should stop weighing yourself and use a tape measure. It is a much more accurate representation of how much you lose and is not influenced by hormones, water retention, time of day, etc,etc,etc. I have NEVER owned scales until my mother bought my husband a set in December.

    ReplyDelete